Friday, November 12, 2010

Long Week: Weary with Nothing To Say

2 Thessalonians has a lot to say, but today I don't...and I need to. It's been a long week and tomorrow I have an afternoon conference with a 2 hour drive each way. So I need to say something about 2 Thessalonians 3:6-13 TODAY and get it on paper.

For all I'm worth, the only thing I'm coming up with is complex and not something I have the energy to preach. A warning to seriousness and boundaries while remaining open and affirming and welcoming will not come across well. At least not unless I can really preach it, and I can't, not this week. I know I'm too tired to make the case well with clarity. There are so many pitfalls for mis-hearing.

How about I just chill, watch Harry Potter movie re-runs and Gilmore Girls and hope the Holy Spirit delivers a type manuscript this week?
Or does that sound too much like the idleness 2 Thessalonians is warning against? (And could someone deliver a pizza?)

I'm left with verse 13,
Brothers and sisters, do not be weary in doing what is right.
Thanks.

1 comment:

Terri said...

some days one really does need to just zone out for awhile, instead of fighting the fatigue...I hope you got some rest and the words came easy enough.