Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Tired

Have you ever been tired but just not ready to go to sleep? I'm getting ready for a week away for conference. This means leaving many things in the capable hands of my husband and our grown son. It also means lists. I have packing lists and 'to do' lists. I have responsibilities for our pre-conference event and I am preaching one of the evening services. During my sermon there is a brief skit. So my car is very full with props, supplies for the pre-conference event, and a few food items for the room, and I haven't even added my suitcase.


Right now I'm just tired.  I know I have a few more things to do in the morning and I'm still not happy with the way the tires sound, even after getting them all balanced and rotated. I just want to be  tired enough tonight to sleep and not let all the things coming up this week and next to fill my mind.

I think it is time for Compline; my choice for evening prayer. Maybe I'll lay out just one more thing so I won't forget it tomorrow, then some cold milk and bed. Goodnite all.

p.s. I've added the link to the conference webcasting. The congregation is using the webcast worship service for our worship on Sunday. (Worship begins at 10:00) Anyone who wants to see/hear my sermon can watch the Tuesday evening webcast. (Worship begins at 7 p.m.)

No comments: