Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Vacation and Health Care

Vacation has been wonderful. I am on my last week of a month away from congregational responsibilities. It has been needed and I have rested! Many books, weekly golf, time at the Florida beaches have all been part of this 'sabbath rest'.

This week I'm trying to make the most of these last few days while beginning to pick up at least some family responsibilities. Before we left for conference and the Florida vacation, I faxed the needed information to my doctor's office to have a lab bill recoded. Every six months I have blood work done to keep my cholesterol in check. BUT so often it gets coded as preventative care. My insurance (I know, it seems a very dated policy) does NOT cover ANY preventative care! It does cover illness quite well, but no regular visits allowed. I cannot get my doctor's office to code my work correctly and this happens again and again. This time, because we were away for so long, and because the on-line insurance portal said my claim was "in-process", we have been put in collection! Now we have the doctor's office, and insurance company working to get this resolved. Here's my question. Do I change doctors?


It is so tiresome and painful to go through these calls and denials and resubmissions almost EVERY TIME I GO TO THE DOCTOR, which is every six months. Should I switch? Should I interview practices and ask about their lab people, their billing office, before even deciding if I like the doctor? hmmmm Hard choices, but since my husband does not have this problem with his doctor, perhaps I should consider a change.

I'm also taking a course at Wesley this fall and had forgotten what "FUN" it is dealing with admission details. Vacation has been blissful, but the real world of details, paperwork, and frustrations, awaits!

1 comment:

Vilhelm man said...

A beautiful week with many achievements!