1) What was the hardest thing to leave behind when you went away to school for the first time?
My friends from school. I moved away from that town the same weekend I went off to college. TOO many goodbyes all at once.
2) We live in the era of helicopter parents. How much fuss did your parents make when you first left home?
They never seemed overly effected by my leaving. Maybe because the whole family was in the midst of a move. Mom said they just figured I was old enough to leave home by then, she had around that age.
3) Share a favorite memory of living with schoolmates, whether in a dorm or other shared housing.
Water fights in the all-girls dorm and sitting in the window to watch the guys have ROTC practice.
4) What absolute necessity of college life in your day would seem hilariously out-of-date now?
A relative's ok to "Check out of the dorm" for the weekend.
5) What innovation of today do you wish had been part of your life in college?