Wednesday, January 28, 2015

What's your image of God?

Wednesday, January 28, 2015
Discussions and conversations of late, along with the death of Marcus Borg, have taken me back to where I began this journey of faith. Or where it took a turn towards ministry. So here are the books that I've recalled,
Honest to God, John A. T. Robinson
Meeting Jesus Again for the First Time, Marcus Borg
Why Christianity Must Change or Die, Shelby Spong
and how about a children's book...
Is That Story True? Laura Alary and Margaret Kyle


What are you books? What movies explain your faith, or can any of them begin to touch what you believe?

Better,
how do the critiques of modern faith (cafeteria faith) actually fit better than historic orthodoxy?

Fun times...
Nancy

1 comment:

Soozayn said...

I recently re-listened to a podcast I'd listened to many times while getting my MSW. Its from On Being with Father Greg Boyle. Its such an amazing story of service through relationship and Father Boyle is equal parts funny, humble, and impactful... and all parts inspiring!