Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lament


I'm using some space to refer you to another blog. "When Love Comes To Town"
Here you will find a reflection on God's people encountering God in places of pain, in places not expected. Even by the Waters of Babylon!

How is it that we think God is found in white-walled sanctuaries and that we meet God best in our clean "Sunday clothes"? Where is the mystery of God when the only surprise in worship is the attendance?

I will yet look at the lectionary texts for this or next week. Meanwhile, I will muse on people who are hurting around the world encountering God in more surprising places than Sunday morning worship.
For there our captors asked us for songs, and our tormentors asked for mirth, saying, "Sing us one of the songs of Zion!"
How could we sing the LORD'S song in a foreign land?

If I forget you, O Jerusalem, let my right hand wither! Let my tongue cling to the roof of my mouth, if I do not remember you, if I do not set Jerusalem above my highest joy. Psalm 137: 3-6
Listen on Youtube.

1 comment:

RJ said...

Thanks for your kind words... I am grateful. I am also glad to know another soul on the journey of trying to see the presence of God in all of it: good, bad and the stuff in-between. I will look forward to reading your insights.
RJ