Friday, June 13, 2008

The Twelve

The twelve inspire me on days like today because they often seem clueless. While that seems to occur most often in Mark's gospel, even here in Matthew the Twelve are sent, but never seem to go anywhere. Perhaps that's the best I can say today, called but stationary. I'm blaming it on my ankle for the immediate future which is stiff and sore and slowly recovering from an injury. That's what I get for playing games in the dark with youth at a lock-in. If I look closely at my work for the week, I wonder how much of it qualifies with Matt. 10:7-8's list? Here's one writer's take on it.

Matthew 10:8
[8] “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons. Freely you received, freely give.

“A Disciple’s Task List”
Is your calendar a little full this morning? Have you checked it to see if it meshes with God’s agenda for your day? In between, writing letters, making phone calls and stopping at the store—did you also put in; “Heal the sick, raise the dead, cleanse the lepers, cast out demons?” Source: Jerry Goebel: 2007 © http://onefamilyoutreach.com.

Perhaps I should review my job description and my life with this list in mind. It puts life in perspective, doesn't it? Proclaim the good news comes first, not teaching, nor programing, but proclaiming. I wonder where flashlight tag fits in?



No comments: